Sunday, September 3, 2017

Skaven general

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm planning a skaven army - probably about 1,500 points. The 60 that I need for the bulk of the rank and file arrived this week, which was exciting. But before I get cracking on them I wanted to paint up the general.

And here he is.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I took my time with it and used it as a learning experience, going out of my comfort zone with several things. First time I've painted checks, and I worked up to the highlights from black primer, rather than priming white, mid tone then washing and highlighting as I did for my wood elves. I also worked on each colour in turn - rather than blocking out all the colours, then washes, then highlights - which is something I don't usually do.

I don't think there's much I'd do differently, to be honest, and I don't think there's anything I could have done better - this is as good as it gets from me!

The model is Malis Manwrack, one of the Jes Goodwin classics from 1986. Now to paint him an army to lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment